Last 2 weekends, the club I wrote of earlier organized a trip to the lush green hills of Cameron Highlands. Although only a 2d1n trip, it was a breath of fresh air from the hazardous stream of mathematical-related input I've been fed with. Besides the wonderful cooling weather, it was a welcoming change to be in a place where everything is a lot slower-paced than the usual rush of mighty KL. Half the bus was somehow jam-packed with Maldivian students who were from the very beginning enthusiastic about the trip, singing God-knows-what in their language as the bus slowly made its way up the hills. At one point, I think I also heard some Hindustani.
The trip was relaxing, everyone enjoyed the flower-buying, the fresh, cheap veges and not forgetting the yummy strawberries covered in whipped cream. The 'Boh' tea plantation was even more breathtaking. I believe there was a little in for everyone, even more to take home.

Caught while on the bus
Well that was the 1st weekend of my 1 week break. Three days later, I went backpacking to Pangkor with my significant other and two friends on a 3d2n trip. We took a bus to Lumut and made our way to the jetty with our heavy backpacks in all its glory(I have trouble packing light). A ferry then transported us to the island of Pangkor.
That same evening, the 4 of us went boat cruising before we were left off on a smaller island for a dip. It was all fun in the sun! We also did banana boats, snorkeling, jet-skiing and even rented a car to tour around the island. It was a fantastic trip on a minimum budget. Now I'm back with a slight tan!
Drove to Melaka the next day along with mom and little bros. My life is currently a switch between Melaka and KL eversince my dad works there. My mom will be joining him once my brothers start their new academic year.
There you are, a long entry to compensate for my hiatus. Have a good weekend everyone!
The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes "sight-seeing." --Daniel J. Boorstin
No comments:
Post a Comment