Sunday, January 8, 2012

Hello 2012!

I can't believe it's 2012. Time is flying and it seems just like yesterday that I got engaged. As the months to our wedding is approaching, I'm actually getting very nervous. So many things to be done and with him only back once a month, we try and squeeze time to get all the major preparations ready.

Yesterday we went to see the house. All the neighbours have moved in so the neighbourhood isn't as bare it used to be. I'm actually more excited in decorating the house than getting wedding prep in order for some reason. I already have a vague idea on how I'd like to have it done (I know I sound very possessive of the whole home decor bit but he's leaving it all to me so yayyy!). I can already imagine coming home to a soothing combo of neutral/whites and pops of pastel turquoise.

Cosy and warm.


http://www.exploreruk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/living-room-design-ideas.jpg
Neutrals and whites with hints of turquoise.


Blue-grey would work wonders too. I'm not sure that's even a colour but I don't know how else to describe it.

Gorgeous!


How pretty is that?



Very serene but I would add some colours.


Before and After: Luxurious Master Bedroom Retreat : Decorating : Home
Exquisite, just the right shades of grey without making the room too dark. I think it'd look gorgeous with pops of yellows to brighten it up a tad more!

Pictures form http://www.thelennoxx.com

I hope to minimize cost on this home project later. I've been scouting for places for good deals at a fraction of the price so we'll see how that goes. I told him how fun it'd be if we could paint the house together but then we both know how it'll all go down; him painting most of it with me finding a million excuses not to.

For now however, the home decor project needs to take a backseat as we focus on what needs to get done first for the big day.

Happy New Year people and have an awesome 2012!


It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.  --Author Unknown

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com