Sunday, March 26, 2006

KL-Dubai (Part I)


9 February 2006

My brother sent me to the airport and we reached there at about half past 10 where I later joined my mother and a clan of makciks who came from Melaka. Our flight was scheduled at 1.35 am. After a quick snack, we boarded the plane and woohoo! I was on my way to Dubai!

Reaching Dubai, we checked in Riviera Hotel, nestled in the hustle and bustle of the luxurious land where Porches and Beemers and any other car you'd rarely see here (because they cost a bomb!), are a natural sight, freely zooming by the streets. Naturally, when one reaches Dubai-- one thinks of silk and all the textile you could imagine for a cheap rate. And because I was on tour with makcik-makciks, well I had to follow the flow. I swear to God, they take ages to choose! Nak beli kain untuk anaklah, sedaralah, maklah, kawanlah, jiranlah. Semua pun adalah! I on the other hand was excited for that night's agenda.

Click on pictures for better viewing.

A man sitting by a textile shop.


You just know you're in Dubai!


Bukannya naik 1st Class pun. Hihihi!

The most awaited agenda for me was that night's event. Just hearing about it made me excited all over. We were heading for a safari cruise! No, not your usual safari looking out for animals safari but a ride on a 4WD cruising along the sand dunes going as fast as you could possibly imagine! I was absolutely thrilled! The poor makciks! Some puked, ada yang pening, most of them vowed it'd be their first and last experience. I however totally loved it! My mom is pretty cool too since it was her second time. Imagine sand dunes and how driving across it would be. It can be worse than driving up Fraser's Hill! The trick is to deflate the tyres a little for a smoother ride.

Before the safari cruise by the 4WD.

The pictures below were taken during the cruise from the 4WD so you could imagine my discomfort, bobbing up and down while I snapped away the pictures. Luckily I sat up in front by the pakcik Arab so here are a few shots for your viewing. We were going really fast okay!




Catching the sunset was one of the main things aimed for so there was a timeline for everything in order to catch the sunset. One of the 4WD's engine somehow broke down and it was amazing how all the other drivers pitched in to help. Then I realized that it was because we all had to clear the desert before nightfall.

Sunset over the desert.

My beautiful mother.

Pengembala oontaaaaa!






As the sun slowly faded, we made our way to the barbecue setup that was specially catered for the safari cruisers. It was magnificently set up with a stage for the belly dancer and free Henna tattoos for those interested. Saya juga berpeluang menunggang untaaa!!! Very the scary! At one point as I was trying to get cozy on its hump, it suddenly jerked its long neck downwards sending me shocked from the sudden opposing force! Sorry for those offended but here are a few pictures of a belly-dancer doing her thing.

Belly-dancer on her unta.


One for abul...


... and one for neobium!

There's more but cukuplah tu kan? A bit obscene for our sopan Malaysians. Heheh.

And so that is Dubai for you my dear readers.

(to be continued...)

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com