Monday, August 28, 2006

A Legend In Her Own Class

I was watching Hetty Koes Endang belting out "When You Tell Me That You Love Me" at Siti's Wedding(yes, I watched it) and couldn't help but be awed by her powerful voice. Even without having to go through rehearsal, she proved herself to be a true diva... a legend in her own class.

This was the singer I grew up listening to on roadtrips to Belgium and Italy, the singer whose songs my dad sang and still sings along to alongside Broery Marantika's and other evergreen legend singers. Hearing her sing and LIVE at that too... was definitely a moment for me.


"... And baby, every time you touch me, I become a hero
I'll make you safe no matter where you are
And bring you anything you ask for, nothing is above me
I'm shining like a candle in the dark
When you tell me that you love me..."

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com