During a cuci mata session along the Bazaar Ramadhan here in my hometown a few days ago, I overheard a Mat-Rempit-looking guy talking to his friend, "Tengah hari tadi dah makan, malam ni nak makan apa plak eh?" I certainly hope he was joking!
And today, as I was buying roast chicken for my brother, we could hear from not too far a seller yelling, "Burung, burung! Mari beli burung bang!" Well that shop apparently sold golden fried burung puyuh and chicken in their stall. The girl occupying the roast chicken stall cheekily asked softly, "Burung apa?" and smiled that twisted smile.
Alhamdulillah, it is an honour to yet again greet the holy month of Ramadhan... the month of all blessings. I'd like to wish all my virtual and not-so virtual friends a happy Ramadhan. May this year's Ramadhan splurge us with all its blessings and joy one can get.
"Fasting is an armour with which one protects oneself; so let not him (who fasts) utter immodest (or foul) speech, nor let him act in an ignorant manner; and if a man quarrels with him or abuses him, he should say twice, I am fasting. And by Him in Whose hand is my soul, the odour of the mouth of one fasting is sweeter in the estimation of Allah than the odour of musk--he gives up his food and his drink and his (sexual) desire for My sake; fasting is for Me and I will grant its reward; and a virtue brings reward ten times like it." (B. 30 : 2.)
And today, as I was buying roast chicken for my brother, we could hear from not too far a seller yelling, "Burung, burung! Mari beli burung bang!" Well that shop apparently sold golden fried burung puyuh and chicken in their stall. The girl occupying the roast chicken stall cheekily asked softly, "Burung apa?" and smiled that twisted smile.
Alhamdulillah, it is an honour to yet again greet the holy month of Ramadhan... the month of all blessings. I'd like to wish all my virtual and not-so virtual friends a happy Ramadhan. May this year's Ramadhan splurge us with all its blessings and joy one can get.
"Fasting is an armour with which one protects oneself; so let not him (who fasts) utter immodest (or foul) speech, nor let him act in an ignorant manner; and if a man quarrels with him or abuses him, he should say twice, I am fasting. And by Him in Whose hand is my soul, the odour of the mouth of one fasting is sweeter in the estimation of Allah than the odour of musk--he gives up his food and his drink and his (sexual) desire for My sake; fasting is for Me and I will grant its reward; and a virtue brings reward ten times like it." (B. 30 : 2.)
No comments:
Post a Comment