Sunday, September 17, 2006

You Raise Me Up...

Sometimes, you wake up wishing you had more to give... but when you have family and friends who appreciate and love you during both high and low times... it makes it all seem okay.

I miss my dad. It's weird knowing he won't be around for two months and spending Raya without him for the first time in my 22 years of living will definitely need adjusting. Throughout my life, I've always remembered my dad being there whenever I needed him. He was there taking pictures when I ran, jumped and marched on Sports Day, cheered me on during my Karate tournaments, video-ed my gymnastic shows, had my laptop taken care of when it died on me, encouraged and never condemned nor gave up on me when I failed... he was there, always.

He's the person I fear most of disappointing, it just breaks my heart. I know the amount of sacrifice he has had to put up with to afford what my brothers and I have today... and I will forever be grateful eventhough I know I would never be able to repay him should I live a thousand years. It's hard to keep up with that. I pray everyday that one day I will be able to bestow the same if not better upon my kids as he has to me and siblings.

Three weeks ago, we sent him off to the airport for a 2 month course in the prestigious Harvard Business School. It was kinda funny seeing him grinning like silly with a backpack on top his bush jacket. My dad is back to school... only difference now is he's buncit, heheh. Funny how my more than half a century dad still thirsts for knowledge while his sweet little daughter(in case you didn't get that, I meant myself) is already sick of school-- no, maybe it's just engineering. Wish I was at least half a genius that he is. The best part was I got to pat his back and say, "Study hard yea!" I miss you abah! Can you buy me a Coach bag now, please!?

---xxx---

On a totally different note, remember when I asked for your views concerning whether a guy and girl can be just platonic friends? I was actually writing an article for The Star. Initially I thought I was just contributing but when a cheque came in my mail, I was in for a surprise! I guess if all else fails, I have something to fall back on. Thanks to Kak Na, karlbum and apples for your views, it helped me a lot =) No thanks to the rest of you! Hmpphh!


He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. --Clarence Budington Kelland

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com