Back in high school, I had this friend that pretty much bore a twisted sense of humour like yours truly. If someone pulled a joke or something funny happened, all we had to do was look at each other knowingly and burst into cackles of laughter.
I remember how uncontrollable it was during Form 1, dah la masing-masing duduk depan. Gelak-gelak sampai muka merah-merah, sakit-sakit perut, keluar air mata semua. Teachers who came in to teach would often ask what was so funny and whether we had something to share with the class. Lagila bantai gelak. At a certain point in the year, we were moved away from each other and that sort of subsided our crazy inside jokes.
But paling best was when there was a so-called occasion to celebrate. Like when we scored in our papers or failed chemistry miserably (note the different extremes) or some other merepek-calling-for-celebration occasions,
Kalau orang lain cakap, "Let's go yumchaaa!", he on the other hand would say, "Apa lagi naz, Bak Kut Teh aaa jom!" Hahah!
... and it became a stupid joke among us.
When I saw this...
I remember how uncontrollable it was during Form 1, dah la masing-masing duduk depan. Gelak-gelak sampai muka merah-merah, sakit-sakit perut, keluar air mata semua. Teachers who came in to teach would often ask what was so funny and whether we had something to share with the class. Lagila bantai gelak. At a certain point in the year, we were moved away from each other and that sort of subsided our crazy inside jokes.
But paling best was when there was a so-called occasion to celebrate. Like when we scored in our papers or failed chemistry miserably (note the different extremes) or some other merepek-calling-for-celebration occasions,
Kalau orang lain cakap, "Let's go yumchaaa!", he on the other hand would say, "Apa lagi naz, Bak Kut Teh aaa jom!" Hahah!
... and it became a stupid joke among us.
When I saw this...

...it reminded me of him. Mun Chiew if you're reading this, I miss hanging out and gelak-gelaking with you!
**Bak Kut Teh- A broth normally served in a claypot consisting of herbs and spices boiled together with pork-- famous among Chinese in this region.
No comments:
Post a Comment