Friday, November 3, 2006

Riang Ria Hari Raya!

I have been away for a few weeks and finally updating after much persuading from some. I always berazam to update more during holidays but I unfortunately never get to doing that. Looks like I'm happier doing nothing and basking in the holiday air seems more exciting than updating blogs. Isn't it a wonder how when you're at your busiest, time tulah idea melimpah-melimpah and sibuk-sibuk nak update blog? Happens to me everytime!

As noted in one of my previous entries, raya this year for the first time in my life was without my dad which was sad... the feeling that something is not quite there despite the crazy festivities going around. We did the best we could in keeping up the raya spirits, cooking up rendang, rebus ketupat (not ketupat segera oke?), sambal kacang... the whole deal! My bros even went to aunt's to help with the bakar lemangs so yes we had lemangs too for raya. Managed to even make 3 cookies this year and of all times... made popiah. I know, a bit off there. Raya sangat meriah! The relative turnout was gi-normous on both sides!

4 jejaka perasan.

Crazy siblings and cousins.

The whole raya week was spent going to relatives' homes, both maternal and paternal sides. Tu pun tak habis cover lagi. Believe it or not, I managed to get duit raya oke, laku lagi nampaknya diriku ini sebagai kanak-kanak. Total duit raya collected from relatives this year is RM177. Not bad right?? Adalah jugak daripada sesetengah yang dapat RM3 tu. Hahaha!

One of the highlights of this year's raya was during a visit to one of my nenek sedara's in Negeri Sembilan. My uncle had recently come up with a family tree consisting of my mom's maternal family tree of up to 7 generations. How cool is that!? Apparently an earlier version of the first few generations was compiled by an ancestor in 1968 and my uncle came up with the rest of it. So the family tree constructed tu sampai my generation je, meaning cousins punya anak-anak not included. It was very interesting holding up the big scroll of paper with possibly history written behind all of these ancestors' names written in intricate jawi. Even those who died in Mekah were noted. I got Acheh ancestors oke! I can't wait to go to my uncle's to get a copy and marvel at his storytellings.

Little sibs and their fireworks!

Second week into raya, my dad finally returned from 2 months of gruelling in Harvard... without his belly! Abah sudah bertambah hensem tanpa perutnya yang buncit (minus the balding head)! The best part was the goodies he brought back with him, saya sungguh gumbira!

My precious!

I'm such a bag whore, I really am. I have bags I haven't even worn but own. Knowing my obsession, abah generously bought me two bags and a wristlet. A cute hobo and the new legacy stripe wristlet from Coach plus a croc skin embossed purse from Guess. Notice the Harvard pencil? Abah bought some other Harvard merchandise like T-shirts and apetah lagi... so don't laugh if you see me clad in one pretending to be smart. He also bought this....

80GB video iPod, iPod nano and accessories.

Tadaaaaa! I am now the proud owner (*gloat gloat*!) of a spanking new 80GB video iPod named Poddy!!! I'm spoilt I know but you don't see me complaining, do you? Muahahaha! The iPod nano is for my 2 lil brothers to share. My other 2 bros are now fighting over my old 60GB iPod which is barely a year old purchased in Dubai earlier in Feb. Much to their despair, my mother wants to claim reign over it. Ini menimbulkan ketidakpuasan hati of the 2 bros who protest that the iPod is too canggih for her considering that she even has trouble operating her simple phone. May the best man win!

Last but not least... treats to drown in...

Indulging Hershey's chocolates!

Now imagine my face poking out from the middle of all that. I tell you, that'll be me in heaven. Click on picture for a clearer view of the vision of me in absolute bliss.

And that's my Raya folks. Seronok bukan?

Will upload other Raya pictures soon hopefully...

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com