Friday, March 2, 2007

Note to Self

We all have some sort of plan laid out in our course of life... but plans alter along the way. I can't remember how many changes I've had to make no matter how little the adjustments have been to accommodate certain diverted choices, unforseen circumstances, people and so on. Some I gladly modified, some changed simply because I had to.

Plan A didn't exactly work out for me neither did Plan B. I could go up to Plan N for naz but I just like the sound of Plan C Modified. Heheh. It makes me sound less fickle and that I made better alterations to my life. Kodi tak?

Anyways, one of the best piece of advice I received was to not dwell on the past, move on because if you don't... others will. Keep the good memories and learn from the bad ones. While people around you grasp on to bigger things, you are left stagnant in your own thoughts. No one needs that or should even be doing that.. well not too long. Beautiful memories are made when you live life not when you sit around sulking and hating everybody.

I stumbled quite a number of times (still do) and fell flat on my face on a few other occasions that will probably scar me for life. But I allow myself to grieve for a moment (you gotta give yourself that at least for what it's worth!), not necessarily easier done than said but it's important to know when enough is enough. Friends and family will motion their hands to give you a hand but it's up to you to take it. If you don't help yourself up, no one will. Some will even rub it in your face when you're hardest hit. That's when you know who your true friends are. Live the life you want and you know you deserve. You'll always make new friends along the way, new lovers you'll learn to love (don't make a long listlah oke!) and new dreams to achieve.

Bottomline is, plans are merely plans. You can be ambitious and hardworking, you can settle for comfortable, or whatever, wherever and whomever it is that makes you happy. You can make yourself believe those picture perfect moments are real, the friends you have are genuine, the job post you hold is everything and your significant other is the center of your universe and things can't get any worse or any better than what you already have and own.

But at a certain point... what gives is what He has decided.

And that is the ultimate plan. You have no choice but to make the best of it.

(REPEAT TO SELF)

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com