Monday, February 5, 2007

Berkira Ke Tak Berkira?

There's a limit to being tak berkira. I think many times and in many situations I apply to being tak berkira but when things go overboard and no respect is given to MY things and MY belongings, it irks me to a Z. Even worse, when my things are not there or in bad shape when I need it. Then I can be VERY berkira if you're one of those. I am okay with people using my things, just at least have the courtesy of letting me know. I don't eat people for God's sake! Taking people's things without permission is like going into someone's home, acting like you own it and inviting your friends along to top it off.

I think as a kid, even until now... my parents are pretty strict about taking things from people. I remember when my brother used to bring little toys home from playschool, they'd make him return it the next day no questions asked. Biasalah budak-budak, semua benda jumpa pun kutip kan. Coming from kids, its forgivable, that's how they learn things. Tapi kalau dah tua bangka pun perangai macam tu jugak, it's either there's something wrong with you or with your upbringing. I mean seriously, if you're one of those people... it's a bad habit. It's already annoying when your little sister takes your clothes and you never see it again kan...

I know of a friend who used to live with someone like that. The weird thing is, it's not that these people don't have money to buy basic necessities but they choose to load up on your food, your shampoo, your clothes and expect that you provide all that for THEIR comfort! How crazy is that? So what if that friend worked her ass off for extra allowance or if she is on a tight budget with whom you continue taking things from? Isn't that just sheer evil? Kadang-kadang sebab kawan, we shrug it off... but know that there's a limit for everything.

Definitely, respect is lost and trust is something you won't deserve until you truly learn to earn it.


"In God we trust, all others we virus scan." --Author Unknown

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com