Monday, May 7, 2007

Of Books and Old Friends

Last Sat, I met up with an old schoolmate cum sleepover cum gymnastics cum childhood buddy from our days in the city of love, Paris. It was so good to be able to see Kai again and catch up on things as if the whole span of years between our childhood days that seperated us until today never existed. There were no awkward moments, almost like we met on a frequent basis. Truth be told, the last time we actually had a proper chat and hung out... is probably close to nil.



Please ignore my insanely chubby cheeks!

I promised to meet her a little after Zuhur and while wating for me, she went off to have a pedicure. We then scurried off to tend to our growling tummies at Marché (they have the best mushroom soup by the way). It was surprisingly refreshing talking about the ongoings of our pathetic lives (yea, am being dramatic again) and how everything has taken a major turn ever since those days. We had drinks at two different places after that, punyalah bercakap tak ingat dunia! We walked around so much that our feet had started to hurt to the point of tak-sanggup-jalan-lagi from the wedge and heels we were both wearing. In the end, Kai and I bought a pair of flats each just so we could walk more, boleh? But it was all good. We hugged and kissed and promised to keep in touch and have food sessions more often.

Kai in white baju kurung and me in pink during some show back in '92.

I now have an almost hip-length pile of books I have yet to read. After Kai left, I paid Borders a visit and fell into temptation with the 3 for 2 books. It's crazy but I just need to find the time to read and stop buying! My lack of reading has taken its toll on my limited choice of vocabulary and I keep finding myself struggling to find the right word and from using redundant words.

3 books for the price of 2! What? You don't have Borders nearby? Too bad! Hahah.

I bought 'Sweetness in the Belly' by Camilla Gibbs after reading Dato' Seri Sh4hriz4t's excellent book review on it. A few days ago, I also purchased Din4 Z4m4n's latest release 'I Am Muslim'. I was accompanying a friend to UM's Pekanbuku Bookstore and came across the book at RM3 cheaper than retail price! I obviously couldn't help myself.


I'm quarter through DZ's book and it has proven to be quite a fascinating and delightful read so far. I will have to put it down for a bit until exams are over at least.


Less than half of the yet-to-read collection (notice how some of them are still wrapped in plastic?).


Something you don't know about me:
I have never read a chic lit. Does that make me less of a chic? Hahah
a! Maybe I'll make a start with the Shopaholic Series or Cecelia Ahern's books someday. Any other recommendations? Obviously when I'm done with the load I have to finish that is!


Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers. --Charles W. Eliot

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com