It's been close to a month since my last update. I've been itching to write an entry but time unfortunately hasn't been on my side. I also got sick of looking at my chubby self everytime I logged on to my blog. With exams lining up, a house that caught on fire and then my trip to Hong Kong with sibs, I have quite a tale to enlighten you with. And Laily dearest, I will get to doing your tag realllll sooon, I promise!
To start of with my first story, I drove home happily after completing my first paper and planned to study for the rest of the week before the upcoming exam rampage. I had 4 exams lined up in 4 days and I was struggling to manage studying all 4 of 'em without forgetting one while I studied the other. To cut the story short, during one of my burning the midnight oil sessions just a night prior to my next paper and everyone else had just gone to bed, the lights started to flicker while I was grossly immersed in my notes. I shrugged it off as seconds later, it was back to normal. Then all of a sudden the fans somehow began to spin faster than it should while the lights shone more brightly than normal. The TV switched off on its own. How scary is that? It was almost like there was an entity roaming around. The peak of it all struck when the switches were crazily going up and down on its own, as if someone stood there and flicked the switches in the fuse box. I was more concerned of an occurring short-circuitry rather than some ghostly figure materializing.
Up to that point, I had to knock on my parents' bedroom door and hurriedly told them what was going on. Not long after that, the whole house turned into utter blackness and while my mom and I were sitting on the stairs while my dad checked on everything outside, a 'pop' sound was heard and eventually we found out that it came for the A/C in my room. The fuse 'popped' and my A/C went kapooot. A fire broke out near one of our spotlights right below the roof and you should have seen the urgency and fear in my mom when we rushed off to my little brothers' room to wake them up to get them outside. It was kinda scary seeing her like that. I was amazingly calm, maybe because I knew my father was around and that he'd take care of everything. My brother during his early waking totally clueless to the whole hullabaloo asked,
"Eh apsal ni, apsal ni!?" much to his annoyance of waking him up from his deep slumber. Two fire trucks had made their way up to our house and it was insanely surreal that we would ever need firemen in our abode. By then the fire had already been wiped out, it crossed my mind to capture a picture of the fire but karang kena marah pulak orang sibuk-sibuk nak padamkan api, dia nak amik gambar pulak!
The aftermath.
To start of with my first story, I drove home happily after completing my first paper and planned to study for the rest of the week before the upcoming exam rampage. I had 4 exams lined up in 4 days and I was struggling to manage studying all 4 of 'em without forgetting one while I studied the other. To cut the story short, during one of my burning the midnight oil sessions just a night prior to my next paper and everyone else had just gone to bed, the lights started to flicker while I was grossly immersed in my notes. I shrugged it off as seconds later, it was back to normal. Then all of a sudden the fans somehow began to spin faster than it should while the lights shone more brightly than normal. The TV switched off on its own. How scary is that? It was almost like there was an entity roaming around. The peak of it all struck when the switches were crazily going up and down on its own, as if someone stood there and flicked the switches in the fuse box. I was more concerned of an occurring short-circuitry rather than some ghostly figure materializing.
Up to that point, I had to knock on my parents' bedroom door and hurriedly told them what was going on. Not long after that, the whole house turned into utter blackness and while my mom and I were sitting on the stairs while my dad checked on everything outside, a 'pop' sound was heard and eventually we found out that it came for the A/C in my room. The fuse 'popped' and my A/C went kapooot. A fire broke out near one of our spotlights right below the roof and you should have seen the urgency and fear in my mom when we rushed off to my little brothers' room to wake them up to get them outside. It was kinda scary seeing her like that. I was amazingly calm, maybe because I knew my father was around and that he'd take care of everything. My brother during his early waking totally clueless to the whole hullabaloo asked,
"Eh apsal ni, apsal ni!?" much to his annoyance of waking him up from his deep slumber. Two fire trucks had made their way up to our house and it was insanely surreal that we would ever need firemen in our abode. By then the fire had already been wiped out, it crossed my mind to capture a picture of the fire but karang kena marah pulak orang sibuk-sibuk nak padamkan api, dia nak amik gambar pulak!
The aftermath.Luckily my dad was quick to spot the fire before it had a chance to spread. So a note to my dear friends out there, please have a fire extinguisher handy at home in case of such emergency. We have 3 at home so that was pretty useful eventhough we only needed one then. It was a while before we could sleep on it. My mom and I ended up retiring to bed at almost 3a.m eventhough it all happened a little after midnight. My dad and some guards remained outside on standby just in case. My studying too of course had to be postponed. All is well though and as predicted there was some circuitry problem but that too was settled by the efficient TNB people as soon as the fire subsided.
Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I wasn't up studying... *shudders*
Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I wasn't up studying... *shudders*
No comments:
Post a Comment