Monday, February 23, 2009

January Weddings

I love weddings, I do. It's just the whole dreamy, everything nice, flowers, people all dressed up and fairytale-like thing about it that I absolutely loovvvve. Contrary to some who get all bitter about weddings (baca: selalunya yang belum kahwin) I absolutely love it and will always be more than happy to be a part of it. Just please, PLEASE jangan suruh aku jadi bridesmaid oke? I'm too fat for that. Who cares if people ask me when's my turn... I mean seriously, I wish I could tell you. All you other singletons, if that's all you're avoiding, I think you got issues! But you probably know that already... anyhooo...

In some ways, it gives me an opportunity to run a whole wedding of my own in my head. What to have, what to avoid, what to include etc; the do's and don'ts basically. From all the weddings I've attended, I think I've gathered quite a lot of valuable info and personal observation that I'm taking note of for my big day (whenever that is la kan).

Early Jan, I attended Puteri & Zul's wedding; my coursemate who married a fellow unimate. How adorably sweet is that? It's like marrying your high-school sweetheart, only uni. Am I making any sense? She looked absolutely pretty and radiant in purple. I was more than thrilled to be there with Haniz. I think those few minutes where the bride & groom slow-walk down the aisle with some love song playing in the background is the most emotional, to me at least. It's my favourite part. Unfortunately, I took crappy photos, totally not reflecting the wedding in any way. Too much focusing blurred the pictures. Haihhhhhhh. But here's a couple...


Rose petals strewn on the red carpet!


Puteri & Zul.


A double wedding; Zul and his sister.







---xoxox---


End of Jan was Farahnadz's wedding to her long-time lover, Sofie of 8 years. Sooo lama kan? I'm soo happy for that woman! It reminds me of our primary school & sekolah agama days. My first few days of school in Standard 4; me being interviewed by Farah & Ina and constantly being in the middle of their lil quarrels. Oh trust me, there were quite a few! Main sports sama-sama, wakil rumah, sekolah... macam-macam (yea, fyi I wasn't always fat). Those were the days. In MMU unfortch jarang jumpa, sometimes je terserempak. And now she's married! *teary-eyed* 

2 days before her nikah she called me up to teman her pick up her veil in KL, sempat catch up and gossip. Cakap tak berhenti minah ni! Her nikah was simplicity at its best. She looked resplendent clad in white eventhough it was clear she had the jitters. I mean who wouldn't? The solemnization needed nothing more and lacked nothing less, a perfect score in my books.

The young imam in charge tu hensem la pulak oke (just the other day ternampak the same imam kat Jas3ma, muka bersih penuh keimanan meruntun jiwaku... wth... hahahah)








Her wedding was breathtaking. I loved the whole setting; the dais, the fresh flowers and how they were prettily arranged along the aisle. It was almost like a magical transformation from how I saw the hall during rehearsal and 8 hours later. 


Soo cantik kan the setting? Erin, Kaem and I played usherer that night. 


The gorgeous bride and her stylist doing final touch-ups.


My favourite part =)


I love the above pictures, school friends reunited. That's another reason why I love weddings!


Big heartfelt congratulations to the newlyweds; Puteri & Farahnadz! Wishing you a lifetime of happiness... and cute bundles of joy? :p

This year, there'll be many more friends taking the wedding plunge. It's the '84 babies wedding year, I reckon!


A final say quoting Antonio Hurtado de Mendoza, 
"Think not because you are now wed, that all your courtship's at an end."
;)

I think I overtyped 'love' in this entry...

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com