Saturday, March 14, 2009

MraZzzing

Nods and I left early for his much-awaited concert. We figured that if we left late; traffic would be massive and anticipating torrential rain like it's prone to concur these days... why not park early at the venue and go elsewhere from there? At least, that's one thing to think less about. And so we did. Had our car parked there at almost 5pm, yes very early. They hadn't even opened the parking space yet and conveniently, parking bugs were already delivering their unwanted service. From there, we walked to the monorail station and took a ride to Times Square (TS). Oke in all honesty, I haven't been to the place in AGES and so when we first streamed out... I felt like I was in some dodgy mall to the point that I actually asked Nods whether we really were in Times Square. Hoh. I know I'm so bad at all this, I don't really head to KL much and am terrible with directions. Thank God for Google Earth?

Anyways, had lunner (lunch+dinner) and dessert, then we just wandered around with much disinterest for the sake of passing time. Maybe because Mraz was in our minds the whole time and nothing was captivating enough to catch our attention... not even shoes. Sempat solat dulu (OoOoh melalak kat concert boleh, sembahyang tinggal? -- this is EXACTLY what my mom would say... IF she were to say it, hahah). 

We left TS just a lil after 7.30 pm and took the monorail back to the Stadium. One stop je pun. Boleh plak kat station tu jumpa schoolmate lama. I actually saw a lot of familiar faces at the stadium... but everyone was rushing to get to their spots so there's no time nak ber-hi-bye. I went through a bit of a struggle entering the stadium. They had security personnels to check your bags and cameras are apparently not allowed in. I asked the dude where I should leave my camera and he simply replied "Lost & Found". Yea... like why the heck would I deposit my camera there when it's not lost in the first place!? I just dashed in when he was busy rummaging others' bags with Nods cheering on ahead of me. Hahah.





I was amazed at the amount of people at the pit and rock zone. I generally don't like crowds and I find it silly having to stand in close proximity with other people and having to bear the heat... not to mention odour emanating from God knows WHO. Duduk bleachers pun dah berpeluh macam mak hayam. But oh well... to each his own? I'm not the type of person who'd go up to a celebrity/high-profiled individuals for an autograph and worship the grounds they walk on. I mean they're just people, with talent I respect. Maybe an extraordinary one but that's all there is to it. For all I know, Mr4z was stoned on stage. He kinda seemed like it. Hahah.

I think from where we sat, I was pretty disappointed with the sound system. I could hear people from the pit roaring about something he said but I seriously couldn't make out his words. I heard a bunch of Terima Kasihs and then he was taking pictures of himself from a Polaroid camera and throwing it to the crowd. 
















I think it was pretty cool that he sported an 'I Heart KL' tee. I called Munzo in Cardiff just so she could listen to 'I'm Yours' live, unfortunately she was too busy saving lives (or so she claims, for all I know she sent a patient home with the wrong meds :|). I wasn't too happy with 'Lucky'. I thought he was gonna come up with a solo rendition of it but sadly no. The chick who sang with him was a pretty sorry replacement for C0lbie. I have to say though, the saxophones were awsome!

It was a great concert overall but it was certainly lacking something. Like I didn't get that WOW feeling when it was all over. I don't know, maybe it's just me but from feedback I gathered, people from different zones at the concert had different reactions to it. Those who were at the rock zone & pit apparently had a ball, sweat and all. Maybe because the sound system wasn't so great where I sat. 

Ahh... I guess you get what you pay for.

... That I could be the one to turn you out
We could be the talk across the town
Don't judge it by the color, confuse it for another
You might regret what you let slip away...  

-- Geek In The Pink

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com