Monday, June 1, 2009

Field Trip At The Park

I have a friend who works as a kindergarten teacher in a school next to my neighbourhood. Recently, she contacted me if I could volunteer for a field trip her school was organizing. I didn't think much and told her I'd be able to. I was psyched and nervous all at the same time. I mean I love kids but a whole swarm of them might not be pretty. 

It was entertaining seeing some kids who walked in with their parents and wouldn't let their parents go. Of course there were the handful cheerful ones who greeted their teachers and classmates but there were also the occasional crybabies. But with kids whose ages ranged between 3 and 5, I guess it is totally understandable.

Our class had 3 volunteers; Ina, me and a parent. Picture below was during briefing before each class embarked on their respected buses. We were warned about a couple of kids who were unusually hyper and had the tendency to roam around.



Cute green tights huh? :p That's Sascha.


It was a super hot day and dealing with kids who put on tantrums all at the same time isn't easy! I had to constantly chase this kid called Keegan (adorably cute though!) who would run off from the group for no apparent reason. I found myself having to talk him through things very slowly so it didn't seem like I was giving him instructions. Special treatment that one.


HRH Keegan!


Choo-choo train!


I forget his name! He was somewhat obsessed with his cheeks. I feel ya kiddo! Had to muster a lot of self-control to not pinch those cheeks.




And saving the best picture for last...

Now tell me, how insanely adorable is that!? Keegan and Iesha.


On the way back,  Keegan wanted to sit next to me. Haha. I chatted the lil guy up to exhaustion about Ben10 (apparently a major children's rage) and had an uber fantastic time with his responses and reactions! He was spotting a Ben10 tumbler and I asked him why not Batman? His immediate reply siap dengan muka sedih was, "My Batman tumbler broken oredi." Ye tah tidak la tu.

We stopped at McD's for lunch, yeppp... by the bus loads. One kid called Shen Zhe had a little too much Coke to drink and was definitely sugar high. I was forced to be his clown for a good 10 minutes but seeing him laugh his head off was priceless. Of course, we sang songs, played games and there was certainly plenty of food to go around. 

I actually had a lot of fun! I mean, when was the last time I sang 'London's Bridge is Falling Down' anyway?

Children make you want to start life over.  --Muhammad Ali

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com