Friday, June 12, 2009

Living It Up in Club Med! (Part I)

If you want to be in your own little bubble without a care for the world, head over to Club Med; where food is in abundance, crazy activities for the brave and no newspapers at your door!

Over the 1st week of the school holidays, my family took a break and headed out on a road trip to the East. It's been ages since we loaded the van all seven of us and drove out longer than three hours. But with the new highway, it only took less than four hours to get to Cherating. I'm impressed, considering it's only a few kilometers to Terengganu. 

Club Med has a very strict policy about having visitors/outsiders in their compound and so as soon as you reach the entrance guard house, you have to report to the guard and they check up with the front desk about your reservations. Once that's clear, only then do they permit entry. Otherwise, kau bergambar dengan pak guard je lah!



At the main entrance, we left our bags for the bellboys to bring to our respective rooms while we, on the other hand were ushered to the lobby for complimentary drinks and fresh towels. 



The room is alright, honestly nothing to shout out about but the greenery is breathtaking and I love the wooden structure of the accommodation. It gives a very authentic back to nature feel to it. I could see the changes made to the resort compared to the last time we were there. Of course I was only 11 then and naturally, they would've upgraded.


With three of my four brothers.



Anak siapalah kat tengah tak senonoh tu! Suka berlakon tauuuuu diorang ni. Buat-buat berat konon! Isy isy!



Trying to capture that cool by the sea shot.



Jumping for joy! (tapi jeans terlondeh sikit plak)


We were still tired from the long journey and after casual strolls and hundreds of pictures by the beach, we retired to our rooms for a rest before going for a swim.



Now dinner is a splendid galore of international buffet. Tah berapa round aku pulang balik ambik makanan. I keep forgetting to take pictures of the food splendour because you knowlah, once I'm at it it's like a marathon of its own. But you have the choice of Korean, Chinese, Indian, Jap etc and they alternate food from different countries according to the days. They also have themes; like one night it'd be all white, even the staff would dress up in white and then the next night it'd be Chinese. Something like that. So I guess it livens up the place. The best part is they make it known so guests get to dress up and enjoy the fun too!


... to be continued.

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com