I was really psyched for this run and had registered pretty early for it with Sarah's help. It's probably one of the few night runs (honestly I've never come across any other night runs!) and was positively hoping it would turn out a lot better than my previous run. I set out from home with Sarah a little after 7pm so I could get to the MEX highway R&R on my way to Putrajaya just in time for Maghrib prayers.
Parking was okay, I think there were still ample of parking space when we reached there. It was just a matter of distance from the starting point. The goodie bag station looked reallllyyy goood from where I stood although I wish the women's bag wasn't so pink! I swear the goodie bag got me really motivated to run! We all need something to motivate us and this just happens to be one of mine... hee.
I know the picture quality sucks, I took them all with my phone. I didn't want to carry anything big along so I ran with a lil pouch that could fit my phone and some cash in it just fine. The above pictures were taken prior to the run. Watch later as my face turns to the exact shade of my orange top. Even I am amazed at my camouflaging abilities.
I started running at a good steady pace for the first 2.3km and brisk walked a little at the bridge as it started to go uphill a bit. We had traffic stop for us, how cool is that? Made me feel reaaallllly important! Police and officials were on standby making sure the roads were clear for the runners and the right distant runners were on the right track. 7km and 11km runners diverged somewhere along the way. Kudos to the organizers for the superb organization on this part and my heartfelt appreciation to the volunteers!
I had my iPod cranking all sorts of upbeat tunes to keep me running. I passed by a water station but didn't stop for a drink. Cups were strewn on the road and this is the only time you can chuck away your cups on the sidewalk and someone will clean up after you. Reaching the PICC ( I believe this is halfway from where we started), we made a u-turn and I slowed down a bit here because I was back on that bridge and I could feel my face about to erupt.
I wasn't looking very pleasant (or friendly) then and was sweating bucket loads. I exchanged smiles with a lot of runners; it was as if at that fleeting moment we were all on the same wavelength and understood each other. I know it sounds lame but when you're running, a simple smile from a stranger goes a long way; especially if coming from a cute one. Hahah.
At approximately 4km, I was becoming more and more tired but then we made traffic stop again so I put up a brave front. I mean helloooo, them motorists could be taking pictures or something and I didn't wanna look like I was dragging my feet along! Macho lah sket! I could feel a blister had already formed on my left foot (need new shoes!) but the finish line was so clear in my vision I just mustered whatever I had in me and 'dashed' through looking like a volcano about to erupt in all my orange outfit glory.
And there, clocking in just a little after 35 mins... I finished my first ever 5km run. I felt humongously triumphant as I passed that finish line and being awarded the certificate.

The queue for the goodie bag was long but amazingly super fast, as so for the 1901 hotdog. I was very very satisfied with the whole organization of the run and had an awesome time running. Very proud of my fellow friends who ran with me too! Here are the contents of the RM300 worth of goodie bag - dedicated to Che Yah! =) You should've been there woman!
There was actually a 7-Up Revive in the bag. We all know where that went now, don't we?





No comments:
Post a Comment