I know the past entries have been nothing but of my runs. I do have a life other than running, yes I do but blogging about my runs seem more interesting for some reason.
My most recent run was 3 weeks ago, Sunday 25th October at UPM. (I swear I wrote this a few days after my run but for some reason, now it's been 3 weeks in draft still unpublished sebab selalu tertido sebelum sempat habis type). Kai, Nadia and I had gone a day earlier to pick up our race packs which according to Kai was fast and smooth. She had gotten there earlier and helped us get our race kits. I'm so glad they had phased out the race pack collection kit into a span of 3 weeks so it didn't suffer my pre-SCKL run fate.
Come race day, I was actually quite nervous. I had to park pretty far off from the starting point and walking the distance just built up the anticipation. I was expecting to run 10k but when the signs to the stadium kept saying 11k, I was in for quite a surprise hence the nervousness. After meeting up with Kai, I had a major need to pee and I was determined to get it out of my system before I started running even though the queue was bloody long.
They were distributing elastic bands for the runners so after retrieving them, we moved on to the starting point. I was still trying to get some stretching done at this moment. We were actually pretty far off from the starting line (yes, there were THAT many people) and I could barely hear the gun go off. Not sure if there was even one, Kai didja hear it?

The sea of yellow. Can you see me terselit in the top picture? The run in short was awesome, one of the most scenic I have ever endured. It was like running through the countryside and enjoying the cool, green atmosphere but with crazy booms of music to keep you going.

Will you just look at Kai go? Penuh semangat and determination. I even found one of me, I think I look funny. Heh.

The last stretch of the run was super hilly I almost died. Steep gila tu satu but at 2 different continuous checkpoints, both guys manning them said we were 2 kms away from the finish line. The first time I was like... "Yayyy lagi 2km je!"
Then comes the next checkpoint and the dude says lagi 2km gak... wth! Hahah. But I summoned all my might and ran anyway, it was drizzling by the time we hit the last 3km of the run and I was at the time very inspired by this old wrinkly lady who ran the whole 11km without stopping. It took a lot of self-pushing and I'm proud to say that I only walked a total of 10mins. I was just a couple of minutes short of receiving a finisher's medal =( Better luck next time!
Very proud of my 3 girls who ran with me. We had an awesome time and lepas lari pegi bantai makan roti canai to celebrate. Yeaaahhhhh!!!!

Me with my cert. The goodie bag was pretty good too!
Some pictures are credited to qqlaisk.

No comments:
Post a Comment