Saturday, April 22, 2006

Mari Destress

I wish I could be Samantha Brown and do what she does for a living. What? You don't know Samantha Brown? I forgot I'm the only one watching Travel & Living. This woman travels around the world going to the world's greatest vacation destinations and has a lot of fun(something I lack of right now.) If you happen to have watched Channel 11, she hosts Passport to Europe, Great Hotels and Great Vacation Homes among others. Noowwwww you get what I'm talking about ey?

All she does basically is checks into hotels, chalets, fancy suites or whatever it is the luxurious accommodation(in its own level) she is always lucky enough to get and goes around visiting places and eating local delicacies. What more could anyone ask for? I would travel over shopping without skipping a beat!

Now the other day I was watching her on one of her shows and she was airing this pretty countryside vacation referred to as 'upscale camping'. The place boasts a beauuutifuulll space of land covered with pine trees and lavender flowers blooming in full glory spreading acres and acres into the horizon and into the sea where you can go horseback riding, mountain biking and even go surfing and hiking. Exactly my kind of place. Reminds me of Switzerland. They have this beautiful lodging; very high class complete with a built-in fireplace, comfy beds and whatever you would normally have in a hotel minus the TV. Obviously they want you to indulge in the serenity and nature of the little virgin region. But of course, this accommodation would cost an amazing fortune.

There was however another alternative of lodging I was more intrigued in. They have little tents set up called Tent Bungalows made to fit a certain theme; Hippy, Oriental and Classic being among it. All it has is a pretty bedroom setup; bed complete with heated mattresses, sidetables and two chairs AND most importantly electricity! You must be thinking, how about bathrooms? Hohoo... this is where the fun is. They built this luxurious hub called a Comfort Station where you do whatever it is you need to do(or discard). It even boasts a fireplace, heated concrete floors and a sauna(okay I got that from the site but I also saw it on TV, I just didn't know the floors were heated). It might turn some people off without it's personal bathroom but hey... I just said it's upscale camping, not a fancy getaway. At least you don't have to dig a hole to dump your business.

Your Tent Bungalow from the outside.

Tadaaa!!! The interior view.

Heck, Costanoa, California looked like a beautiful place you would just want to destress and hideaway for the weekend. The downside is that the place is a tad pricey but if money isn't a constraint for you and you're into the outdoors, why not? Now I'm thinking, if I could find a similar experience for half the price, wouldn't that be great for my honeymoon? Not anytime soonlah of course! At least such place could provide lots of fun outdoor activities you could do together with your partner rather than just indoor ones... like Monopoly.

---xxx---

My dad went to the US of A a few days ago, which brought me to writing this entry. Not that he went to Costanoa but just a slight coincidence that's he' s off to work and holidaying at the same time. Come back with nice goodies for me Abah! You know how much I look forward to the contents of your luggage bag whenever you return from somewhere!

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com