A few days ago, I called up my mak just to see how she and the rest at home are doing. The moment I heard her voice, I could tell she wasn't her usual self.
You see, my mak has low-blood pressure. There are many mornings where she can't get up from bed and sees the world spinning before her. I remember during my schooling years when the knockings on my bedroom door was not of my mak's and her soothing voice was replaced by my abah's, I immediately knew what was up and what I had to do.
I would practically jump out of bed, have my little brothers ready for school, rush for Subuh prayers, prepare breakfast for everyone, check on my mom to see if she needed anything and get myself ready before I go off myself. Because my abah is normally the last to leave, I leave his coffee and breakfast on the table before my bus ride. Thank God my dad and brothers aren't hard to please. Jam and toast would suffice for my dad while my brothers are simply content with cereal or cheese and crackers with juice.
Now that they've moved and we finally have a maid, at least there's someone else to help out at home with my two little brothers. But my dad still makes his own coffee if I'm not around and when my mother isn't well enough to do so(he eats/drinks nothing that the maid prepares). Sometimes when I go home during my midterm break, I still take charge when my mother can't bring herself up.
The 'Little Men' of the house.
When that happens, it's like my school days all over again. My little brothers are a handful to manage lagi-lagi when they're groggy. Kejut pun kena perlahan-lahan, nanti lagi dia bad mood pagi-pagi. Especially my youngest bro. These days when I make breakfast for the dad, instead of leaving it on the table, I get to chat with him over coffee up on the front porch while watching the sprouting greens before he goes off to work =)Mamaaaaa, mamaaaa you knowww I looooveee youuuuuuuu!!!
Cantik tak mak saya? Hihihi.
In less than a week, my mak will be turning 49. And because I live with a troop of men and men aren't good with dates and occasions to remember, I've had to remind all the big and little men of the house of the upcoming occasion and remind my other two brothers to come home this week. As usual, I'll be the one buying something and organizing a little something but everyone else gets credit for it. Grrrrrrrrr! I called my abah and we're both stumped on what to get.Cantik tak mak saya? Hihihi.
The question remains, "What should I... (well, since the rest of them are unabashedly taking credits for my good intentions) what should WE get her?"
Sila beri cadangan dalam peti cadangan di bawah. Sekian terima kasih.
No comments:
Post a Comment