Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Smile and the World Smiles With You

I've been told I'm not the most friendly-looking homosapien. A friend once told me that juniors are afraid of me coz I look garang. Hahah. If only they knew me!

The past few weeks have been exceptionally crazy with workload piling like nobody's business. My head is jam-packed with things to do and datelines to remember.

Anyway, I was at the counter to pay for my nasi campur today with my zombie-daze and all of a sudden I heard the guy asking me something along the line of,

"Nak (couldn't make out what he was saying) ke tak?"


Blur, I asked him again and he repeated,

"Nak senyum ke taknak?" ...almost like a threat.

A big smile eventually broke over my face. The first time he told me to smile was during my 1st year. I still remember that day, I was back from a crazy lab session and dropped over to get a bite of something when he smiled at me and said, "Senyumlah sikiiiit."

Sometimes you get too preoccupied to stop and smile. Heck sometimes I'm too dazed I don't even see people and they end up thinking I'm sombong instead. I'm really not.

I just skip the smiling part and proceed to tersengih-- kerang busuk style.

Kan Che Yah? Hahaha.


A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he cannot get along without it and none is so poor that he cannot be made rich by it. Yet a smile cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give. --Author Unknown

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com