Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Ain't No Cupcake Chick

Considering the fact that I'm in my whiny-post-syndrome, I figured, why not another?

So you know just a few weeks back, I went to get cupcakes at Cupcak3 Ch1c with my mom at The Curve. You know the hype about cupcakes; they're cute, yummy, sweet things you just feel like binging on forever until your conscience gets to you and warns you of the mega-calorie you're happily yet unknowingly putting on.

The guy at the counter was rather chatty, so I decided to just layan him; who knows what kinda day he had sitting behind that counter waiting for customers so I put on my entertaining skills to use. After making my half dozen cupcake pick, I was ready by the counter to make payments to the female cashier. She decided it was funny to be chatty too but unfortunately chose the wrong thing to say.

With an annoying smile plastered across her face, she asked me, "Are you guys sisters?" refering to my mom next to me.

And right there dear folks, at precisely that exact time... all hell broke loose. No sooner did she say that did I feel like grabbing her words in mid air (before it could reach my mom) and jumping over the counter to stuff the words back into her mouth where it belongs ... and then strangle her while at it. Sheesh, the nerve!

My mom left the store with a dance to her steps looking very much pleased with herself and even bade goodbye to the sales staff. Kaki sakit pun jadi tak sakit. And me, well you can imagine me feeling all old about myself with no spring to my steps and practically dragging my poor old legs to the parking lot.

Plussss, their cupcakes were wayyyy overpriced, the icing too much on the sweet side and not beaten smooth enough to my liking. So there!!!

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com