Thursday, January 15, 2009

2008 Gone in a Flash

December to Jan has been a whirlwind of many events. So many weddings and gatherings, some to which I stupidly did not capture any pictures because I couldn't find my camera charger. I had given mine to my mom before she left and for the life of me could not find it until I stumbled upon it while going through some luggage bags =|

My brothers and I did go to the major family gathering I mentioned in a previous entry. It was fun although I didn't recognize more than half of the attendees. I swear if I had met some of them in the streets, I'd have absolutely no clue of having any sort of family relation with most of them. The previous evening I was busy making beef rendang and sambal ayam for Raya. And my aunt from Shah Alam generously came over and sent some sambal kacang, rendang ayam and ketupat so we had absolutely no shortage of food, God bless her. So Alhamdulillah, Raya did feel like Raya even though our parents weren't around.

Eid morning, we went to an uncle's who had invited us over and then to another uncle's and drove off together to Chengkau, Negeri Sembilan. It was raining heavily earlier so we left a lil later than planned. People were almost done cooking when we arrived; two cows were slaughtered for the occasion so you can imagine how many of us were there. It was great fun though. We were each given a copy of our family tree sheet, a huge one... like one you see on architectural blueprints. You wouldn't believe the names we came across of my ancestors. I'll take a picture of that soon maybe and post it up here, it's written in jawi though. Pictures below are courtesy of my cousin. That's not even 1/12 of us... just us and a couple of cousins.



... to be continued.

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com