My reason to participate in the Earth Hour 2009 Walk of Hope was honestly just for my own hope. Really. Along with a couple of friends, we left slightly later than planned due to the heavy rain. By the time we got there, the t-shirts had already run out. I was bummed. The t-shirt was another reason I participated. I had bought a ticket a couple of days earlier, they should've at least provided enough tees for all ticket buyers. But nooooo, they let T0m0k wear one instead. You know, I could've just sat at home in the dark and find ways to entertain myself. Okay that did not sound right but you get what I mean.

Anyhow, the tealights in papercups were adorable. And the fact that they distributed it out for everyone was a lot better than just having them lit up for show (refering to the 60 formation). I would have to say the fire-blowing show was by far the most entertaining. Eventhough I stood rather far from the ring, everytime fire was blown, I could feel the scorching heat. It was almost unbearable.
How does one do that? Why would they in the first place? Macam mana kau sanggup minum minyak tanah untuk memuntahkan api dari mulut kau? Kau tak ada kerja lain ke nak buat selain tiup api?
It's like how I sometimes enjoy watching Animal Planet (when my mom watches it, she's an avid fan) but it disturbs me because I wonder how the cameraman gets the shots. How long he has to camp out to capture every detail of a certain animal's life. Whether he's getting paid enough or whether passion overules it? The technicalities. I know, I'm complex like that. I wish I could just appreciate the end-product rather than spending too much time analyzing the process. Kalau mak ada masa tu, mesti dia dah cakap, "Dah kerja dia buat tu hari-hari." Heheh.

That 60 hole-punched tin picture was actually a struggle to get. It was placed on the stage and I was initially near it to get a closer glimpse of T0m0k (not!). I had to bend and stretch and reach all sorts of wonders to have a macro shot of it. Itu pun blur. Gah!

There are actually a couple of other pics but you get the gist. Unless you wanna see what I look like in pitch black. Heheh. I was also way out of the ring to capture the fire-blowing men baring their oily bodies and kohl-ed eyes.
Bergelapkah anda waktu itu?

No comments:
Post a Comment