I've been meaning to recap a little of what 2009 meant to me. On how 2009 has been different, life-changing and absolutely unforgettable from any other year. One of them being my involvement in running.
I started running in 2009. Beginning early on in the year, I never participated in any running events until almost mid-year. In a span of nine months (end May'09 - early Feb'10), I had managed to run from a mere pseudo-5km (I got cheated in this first run --still pisses me off!) to running my very first half marathon (21km). Never in my life did I think I'd be able to run this far but now that I can, I can't stop.
This is where it all began.
(Yea, I kinda turned purple on my first run.)
(Yea, I kinda turned purple on my first run.)
Running on the bridge was a spectacular experience.
And that's me and my finisher's medal, all sweaty after completing my first half marathon =)
Life hasn't been the same since.
Work is a different story altogether. I applied for two jobs end June of 2009. In July, one of the companies rang me up for an interview and by August, I had secured an engineer position in the company. You see, the thing is I never wanted to become an engineer. I kept telling everyone at one point that I'd probably go and do something else after graduating. But after five tormenting years of studies plus a lot of time to think, I didn't want to put all of it to waste. I gave myself the benefit of the doubt and pursued my field of study for the heck of it. To give myself a chance. And here I am still giving myself a chance and exploring my limits. I can't say this will be forever but I can see myself sticking around for a while.
Life hasn't been the same since.
I witnessed many friends get hitched in 2009, give birth to adorable bundles of joy but of all, I can't help but remember Nadia's wedding. It was different, it was memorable and because it was Nadia. She stood by me during the five tormenting years (read above) and saw me in so many happy, sad, panic and confusing moments that it nearly made me cry to see her get married. I knew the day would come but somehow it felt like it came too soon. Nevertheless, I'm super stoked that she has moved on to a more exciting phase in life with the love of her life.
I'm sure for her... life hasn't been the same since =)
Brings me back to July'09 when the three of us traveled to Singapore. It was a crazy, packed, fun-filled holiday. It felt like the longest weekend ever with inadequate sleep, being extra high on caffeine, having had too much to eat and practically rolling on our tummies from too much laughing.
Brings me back to July'09 when the three of us traveled to Singapore. It was a crazy, packed, fun-filled holiday. It felt like the longest weekend ever with inadequate sleep, being extra high on caffeine, having had too much to eat and practically rolling on our tummies from too much laughing.
And after Nadia left for UK to be with hubby, for Nirma and I... life hasn't been the same since.
Many great things happened last year, life-altering events if I may. I can't list them all but suffice to say, it's definitely a year to remember.
2010 has kicked off to a great start already! I can't believe two months have gone by. I'm looking forward to a more exciting journey this year!
A butterfly flaps its wings, and it starts to rain. It's a scary thought but it's also kind of wonderful. All these little parts of the machine constantly working, making sure that you end up exactly where you're supposed to be, exactly when you're supposed to be there. The right place at the right time. Because somehow I ended up at the right place at the right time. And as a result, my life would never be the same. -- How I Met Your Mother (2005)







4 comments:
what an exciting year! greater year to come. :)
InsyaAllah!
The other day I was on the treadmill and even though baru lari like 10 minutes, I was so tired and wondering how the heck did I end up entering so many runs last year. Mcm marah ngan diri sendiri sambil lari tak ikhlas tu! Haha. Dude, I still hate running... :(
I kinda have a love-hate relationship with running I think. There are moments I can't pick up my lazy ass to train yet I diligently look up for the next available run.
It's hard to explain but remember that old wrinkly lady? She's my inspiration. I've spotted her twice and can't quite forget her (sorry if it sounds wrong). But man, I sure hope I'd be able to run as steadily as she can at 60.
Post a Comment