Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fat and Injured

I'm ashamed to admit that I have slacked in my training tremendously. Post half-mara during training, I somehow injured my left foot arche and it hasn't quite healed yet. I'm planning on wearing foot support and run anyway because night marathons (a lot cooler weather wise) are rare and I need another venue to test my limits. If I further injure myself, I'll just take a ride on the ambulance and make encouraging faces to other runners. 

This run could prove to be slightly more challenging as I would need to shed off almost 17 minutes off my last run to qualify for a finisher's medal. I finished in 3:16:40 in my last run and the qualifying time for this half marathon is 3 hours. I know it's nothing to some season runners, heck some could even finish a full monty in wayyyy less the time but hey, the fact that I made it to the finish line is gratifying enough for me. This route could be tough and I certainly hope the weather will be kind. It's been raining pretty heavily in the evenings of late. I've also put on some excess baggage (yea, like what's new!?) so that too could be a major hindrance in finishing within the time limit. 

Oh well, I hope I can take this with stride and finish the whole darn run. A medal will definitely be a bonus!




There’s always going to be another mountain,
I’m always going to want to make it move,
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes you going to have to lose,
Ain’t about how fast I get there,
Ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side
It’s the climb



The Climb - Miley Cyrus

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com