Monday, October 6, 2008

Eid Mubarak 2008

I was back in hometown 2 days prior to Raya and on Tuesday, was already knee and elbow deep in preparation for Eid. Cutting through 5 kilos of meat for rendang, I can still feel the numbness through my hands to this day. It was a whole day in the kitchen with just my mom, aunt and myself. We managed to somehow make rendang, ketupat (nasi himpit tak main), sambal goreng, sambal ayam, kuah kacang.


The lemang in the picture we did not make unfortunately. After solat Raya guests were already streaming in and devouring everything.

What's Raya without pictures to prove?

Raya with the fam clad in orange.


With cousins and sibs.


The above is actually less than half of my cousins combined. Many more missing. Notice that we're a male dominated clan?



Ooh this is worth a mention. I had my hair redesigned... haha... how cool does thaaaatttt sound? Anyway yes, I decided to sport a short bob (nothing like VB's though) coz I was so sick of my thick hair and then to have it all bundled up in my tudung anyway. Anyhow, during Raya, a distant lady relative who came asked me,

"Ni dah tingkatan berapa?"

Yesssslahhhhh! Take that you Cupc4ke Ch1c seller! Hahahah! A haircut does wonders...


Morrreeee cousins.


Pushed off from Melaka Saturday noon with my bro for home. My parents followed suit later that same evening and apparently got stuck in heavy traffic in Seremban. Thank God my journey was smooth sailing, no traffic whatsoever. Malam tu without wasting time, dah terus pergi beraya at friends' and again on Sunday. I think I gained back all the kilos I painstakingly tried losing during Ramadhan. Crap!


Raya with high school friends.


Hope all of you had a great Raya. For those of you I missed, I'd like to take this opportunity to seek forgiveness for any words/actions that you might have taken to heart. A million apologies from the bottom of my being. After Syawal, we build up the score balik oke? =p



When my arms can’t reach people close to my heart. I always hug them with my prayers. May Allah’s peace be with you. Happy Eid Mubarak!

No comments:

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com